Thursday, June 16, 2011

Song Time!

Every season needs a soundtrack. With summer upon us (do you think I blog about summer enough??), I've noticed my musical preferences have been changing, as they do every time the weather changes. With all that rain that we had, I was really digging mellow albums. I hung out with Norah Jones for the first time in forever, as her pretty voice is always calming and goes well with tea and watery weather. I was also frequently playing Angus and Julia Stone on the ol' iPod. Now with some sun, and renewed energy,. I've switched things up a little. I don't know what possessed it, but I found myself Youtubing (it's a word!) "Zumba songs" last week. I don't even do Zumba, but I wanted something upbeat to keep me moving around the house while I cleaned. I found some awesome and hilarious songs, and made myself a little Zumba playlist titled "Zumba Mon!" Check out Molly and I's current fave song while frolicking around the house- I challenge you to sit completely still:

I don't know who Nard is, and I don't know if he's serious with this song, but in my books, it's a winner. Here are some of my favourite lyrics from the song:

"Let me go, say 1, 2, 7, 3, 6 we jammin'"...what??
"Let me go, say 5, 6, 3, we jammin'"...Nard apparently cannot count
"If you're ready to move your waist, burn a calorie today, say yes Nard (yes Nard!)"
"If you're ready for soca aerobics, somebody say cheese and bread"...again...what??

Nard has officially made my list of people I'd like to meet. Also soca=awesome for getting up and moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment