Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Words to Live By

I'm so embarrassed that I actually blogged about Casey Anthony this morning that I felt I had to follow up with a blog slightly more suited to this page. I'm back!

I found this page of quotes today on (you guessed it) Pinterest (I should get paid every time I promote that lifesucking page). I'm pretty sure I agree with most of them. I had to share my favourites (with commentary, since I love to hear/read/share my own thoughts) because they are priceless.

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
- I have actually said to my best friend "If I die, I need you to burn my diaries. They are located..." (like I'm actually going to publish that!)

2. Nothing sucks more than the moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
- This is the point in the argument where I just storm off and say "I don't want to talk about it anymore!" Then I sit in my room, and go "Okay, do I apologize, or just let it fizzle out? Crap!"

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
- I would have to ask my mom, but I'm pretty sure I was always game for a nap. Anyway, I would definitely revisit the lifestyle where a daily nap or two was acceptable.

4. There is a great need for a sarcasm font
- I would be elated if they came out with a sarcasm font. It is my nature to be sarcastic, and sometimes I have a difficult time relaying my snarkiness through email, texts, and other social networking devices.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
- I've often wondered if there is a right way to do this that nobody told me about. I make what I call "a linen ball". I then fold the top sheet nice and neat, and stack it over top to flatten the ball. Good enough for me.

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
- Have to say, I have never wondered this until now. I never use cursive unless I am signing my name. Printer all the way.

7. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told how the person died
- I know it's morbid, but I often look for that when reading the obituaries. I can't help my curiosity! I also read dates on gravestones when walking Molly through the graveyard, and wonder how those people died. It's so weird. I am a weirdo.

8. I can't remember the last time that I wasn't at least kind of tired
- Seriously, what is up with that? I could always go for a lay down. I'm not always thinking about it, but at any given moment, if someone said "Go lay down", I think I would.

9. Bad decisions make good stories
- Sad, but true.

10. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don't want to have to start my collection all over again...again.
- I don't even have Blu-Ray yet, so the thought of something else coming to replace it scares the bejeesus out of me.

11. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes I made to my 10-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
- Why does this happen? I am so happy I am not the only one who suffers from that moment of "Ah, what do I hit??" I have merely read a paper that I just opened, and gone to close it when it prompts me to save the changes...that I didn't make. Or did I? So confusing.

12. I hate when I leave my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone if importance the entire day. What a waste.
- I agree with this, but what I hate more is running to the store really quickly to grab something lame, like milk, in your jogging pants with yesterday's makeup falling off your face and your hair shooting in every direction and running into someone. Usually, someone you haven't seen in years. Probably someone who hated you in high school, and is now laughing about what a wreck you turned out to be. The worst!

13. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
- Never understood that one. Why the fridge and not the freezer? We use the fridge more? The freezer is up higher? Who knows...eternal mystery. If you do know, please share.

14. I wish Google maps had an "Avoid ghetto" routing option.
- This just made me giggle. I've never thought this, and have never had a problem with maps, but I find it quite hilarious. Maybe if I lived in a big city where there was actually a real ghetto full of danger, it would concern me. We just have kids with knives and such. No biggie.

15. I would rather try to carry ten overloaded plastic bags in each hand than take two trips to bring my groceries in.
- I do this all the time, and always end up dropping a bag, or the massive load of toilet paper I am carrying under my arm. Then I enter the house frustrated and angry, and swear I am not getting the next order of groceries. This is all Clinton's fault! ARGH!

16. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text
- So many people do this...I would never...pfft

17. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between hunger and boredom
- Probably my biggest problem. I have started asking myself "Are you really hungry?" The answer is always yes, but I do think about sometimes.

18. As a driver, I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.
- Yes! You are not driving a car...please get away from the middle of the road! PS- Simms Corner=not a bike lane. Alternate route, please.

I feel better now that I have posted something a little lighter and more my style. Now back to cleaning my house. Happy Wednesday :)

1 comment:

  1. I have seen Martha Stewart perfectly fold a fitted sheet - I hate her!

    ReplyDelete