Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Loves

So, this week, my family is on vacation in Cuba. By family, I mean my parents, brother, aunts, uncles, cousins, and family friends. Basically, everyone except my other brother, my grandmother, and myself. My husband is also away in PEI, making this week potentially the most depressing one EVER. After dropping my family off at the airport yesterday, and seeing everyone gathered in the terminal, bursting with anticipation, I have to admit, I was feeling pretty down. I struggled with not being able to go on this trip for a couple reasons: 1. My cousin, Sara, is getting married, and I so wanted to be there for her. She made my wedding everything it was, and I would have been lost without her. I felt terrible that I couldn't repay the favour on her big day.  2. I really love spending time with my family, and as everyone grows older (kids and parents), I get sad thinking that big trips like these may be few and far between.

I drove back to my parents' house, feeling sorry for myself, thinking about how much fun everyone was going to have while I was stuck here. Boo hoo, right? Yeah, whatever. I resolved that as soon as I got out of the car, that was it. I was not allowed to throw myself a pity party over something so miniscule. But, as I stepped onto the driveway, and slumped up the porch stairs, I still felt pretty depressed. Staying behind to maybe get some work felt crappy. Spoiled brat, eh? However, as soon as I opened the door, and entered the house, my spirits lifted. This is what was waiting for me:


The best pick-me-up! Honestly, I have not felt bad about missing the trip for one second since I got back from the airport- these two nuts have kept me amused, and have certainly kept me busy. Sometimes, a furry little friend is the best thing one can have. Love your pets- they're like free therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment