Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Love Letter to Sunny Saturdays

Dear Saturday,

I wish we could see each other more, as I enjoy our time together like no other. You can always warm me with your lazy awakenings, and the way you don't put any pressure on me to do anything. You are so accepting of my tortoise ways- Monday would never tolerate sipping my coffee in the morning, or eating breakfast at my own pace. Monday (and most of the other days, for that matter) would make me shovel it down, almost choking myself, while trying to get dressed, feed the zoo, and put on makeup. Monday is a control freak and never lets me have my way. Monday is my enemy.

But this morning, this lovely Saturday morning, my meal was perfect, eaten with the sun shining in on me- ahhhh!


Saturday, you didn't care that it took me 15 minutes to empty the bowl while browsing the Internet (sidenote: TSN- why are you NOT showing the Monte Carlo tennis tournament??? God, I hate basic cable). You also didn't push me to get up and get dressed while I did some crossword puzzles (again, still sipping that coffee):


If only I wasn't committed to the rest of the week, we could be together all the time! Someday, Saturday, when I am a work-week widow and can finally break free of that dreadful relationship, we can run away together and spend every morning sleeping in (until 9:00 when Molly will have to go out for a pee and the cats will need to be fed...because they are all going to live FOREVER), sipping java, doing crosswords, and listening to music in our pajamas. We can take trips whenever we want, because you'll be with me every day.

I love you Saturday- please wait for me!

Love,

Colleen

PS- my husband will be joining us when we run away together. Hope that's cool. xo

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sundays are cool too, aren't they? Running into odd men on wooded paths eating... chips. Yep, chips. With their mothers? Geesh. ; )

    ReplyDelete