Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Pick-me-up

I don't normally blog, email, etc. in the mornings (especially on a Monday) because I am too tired and don't have the time. However, I had to share this IMMEDIATELY for a couple reasons: 1) So I wouldn't forget to post about it as the day wore on, and 2) So I wouldn't forget to try this myself in the future. Blogging about something is like keeping it in a journal, in which you can always look back.

Someone had posted this to Facebook this morning, and I think it is one of the best things I have seen in a long time. I will definitely be attempting this when the gardening season starts:

http://greenupgrader.com/8460/diy-vertical-herb-garden-with-a-shoe-organizer/ 
It's an herb garden planted in shoe organizers! So creative, and perfect for people who have pets that may be hanging around in their yards (i.e. Molly, who would eat every one that she could reach, even if she didn't like the taste, simply because she is a rebel).

Now, I must decide what kind of herbs I want...

1 comment:

  1. I agree. This is an ingenious idea. I think I will try it as well.

    Some herbs that I would recommend are Basil, Oregano, parsley, dill, and celantro. That's what I use most of anyway. Great post Col.

    Melissa Bryson

    ReplyDelete