Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Concert Kick Off

One of my favourite things is a good, summer concert. I love concerts, I love summer, and when the two come together, their force is unstoppable. The only thing that makes a summer concert even more awesome than it already is is when you combine it with good fellow concert goers, and some shopping. If any of this sounds appealing to you, then you probably wish you were me right now. Tomorrow morning, I will jump into my father's car and head to the US of A to see Brett Dennen live!

You might be thinking "Who the hell is Brett Dennen?", but you've probably heard him before. My father and I first discovered him when his song was played on a Rogers commercial four or five years ago- and many people unknowingly know this song because of that ad. Watch and remember:


After some Googling, I gave my father the name Brett Dennen, which led him to download his album from iTunes. Instant fans. So, it's kind of cool that I will get to see him with my dad, as we sort of discovered him together. After traveling to Portland last fall to see Josh Ritter, my mom got a taste of what it is like not only going to a concert with my father and I together, but being active post-show stalkers. While I think she was skeptical at first, being successful at the stalking and getting to meet Josh and some of his band might have turned her into a lifer.

So friends, tomorrow we're off to the land of Portland again- Brett Dennen, Gloria Jean lattes, Bath and Body Works, and Paula Dean candles. I cannot wait! As a sign off, I leave you with one of my current faves off BD's new album. Enjoy- and also enjoy going back to work tomorrow suckas!

No comments:

Post a Comment